Friday, August 13, 2010

Food Friday

I think we all have sweet tooth's I know I do. So given that - I have a suggestion for a dessert that can well be eaten at any time, and if you were my father you would eat it at every meal, as the meal.

For a 8x11 pan (1 1/2 inch deep)

5 large peaches peeled and sliced
1 pint (2 cups) of blackberries

Toss in 1/4 cup of sugar (or less) and 1/2 - 1T of cornstarch (depends on juiciness of your peaches)

Add 1-3T of diced crystallized ginger

Top with:

1 small box of gingersnaps ground up in a food processor or beaten with a pot while in a ziploc. (I used Mary's Gone Crackers - you need about 1/2 of the box or go for the whole amount)

1/4 cup cold butter - I used goat milk butter - I really prefer it's consistency and flavour - the fat content makes it a different substance.

Sprinkle of GF flour mix and sugar - I did this solely on flavour

Combine crumbles, butter and flour/sugar and crumbles over the fruit and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Note you can add more fruit or less topping - remember you are the one in the kitchen, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment