Friday, August 6, 2010

Food Friday

Whole Foods - not the store but the concept, is something I think we all need to draw our attention towards. I know the tendency is to believe that we don't have enough time or the ability to do __ or even cook. I would like you to consider challenging that - in the next few weeks I am going to be putting up some new "whole food" focused website to encourage new ideas.

But in the meantime I want to post a recipe that has become a favourite around these parts:

Chickpea Tacos (Modified from Vegan Dad)
1 can rinsed chickpeas
salt
pepper
1/2 onion large dice
cumin
cinnamon
dried oregano
chili powder
1-2 T canola oil

The amounts of the seasoning is up to you - ratios are up to you - I prefer more cumin and cinnamon but I know that's not a traditional taco flavor. Mix the spices with the diced onion and chickpeas, drizzle with oil. Place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until the onions soften and the chickpeas toast. The longer it is baked for the crispier and chewier the resultant texture.

I usually top mine with the regular taco toppings or a red cabbage slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment