Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Diseased

I have been sick for the last month on and off, and sure some of it is the perils of the job, but I almost feel like it is the result of the stress of knowing I should be training and not training because my nose is still running like a faucet and I'm coughing like a smoker (and I'm definitely not). I ran shortly after I though I had it kicked the first time and then within a week found myself spiraling downwards again. So this time around I'm waiting - I really am only patient enough to wait until Friday at which time I sure hope the nose has stopped. T minus 7 weeks starting Monday to get myself half ready -I'm going to try and not think about it.

Now as to training sick - there is plenty of advice about doing it if it's just a head cold and not if it's the flu or a chest cold. While I agree when it's sub zero celcius, and/or raining, I think if you really want to train find yourself a germ infested gym. Yes they aren't the cleanest places but at least you'll avoid the chills and the sick feeling the weather can create all on it's own. In the end regardless of the advice to reduce the intensity and keep the miles and so on, follow your body. My body still says get thee to bed, that unfortuately isn't going to happen right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment