Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sickness Saturday

Remember way back in February when I said I was sick? Well that sickness came and went for the next few months, flaring up normally just as training ramped up or work and life stress increased. I figured it could be the job, it could be my office, even training for a 1/2 and then subsequently a full. In the in between times of no apparent illness I was exhausted, which I chocked up to running, but given that I had given up my vegan diet and there was no reason that running should be causing this kind of lethargy I once again blamed it on the job. Who knows maybe it was all of the above, or an immune system that either decided to keep fighting unsuccessfully or resigned itself who knows. Regardless I'm on my second course of antibiotics, I will in the end have been on medication for 20 days in an attempt to rid my body of one hell of a sinus infection. This new course is stronger, far stronger and I am about to crawl back into bed after finishing my pancakes with some Gravol and hope that the nausea and the general shitty feeling goes away. On the plus side the amount of green goo has increased and I am going to believe right now that is it trying to escape the throws of the cavalry. I do have to say though it has made me wonder this:

Should we really run despite illness? It is argued head cold is fine, flu not so much, but I can't help but wonder if I had just taken time off work and running if I wouldn't be in this predicament?

No comments:

Post a Comment