Monday, November 23, 2009

One Marathon Done...

Many more to come. Now you may think I'm crazy and I'm alright with that. I know that my run yesterday wasn't my fastest, but oddly it's one I think I'm the most proud of - I ran the race like I know I should run my life, how other's have shown me how to run my life. You pick up the person in pain and you stay with them. I met M about mile 20 when with tears rolling down her face a spectator who may or may not have known her told her she couldn't quit, I asked if she wanted help she said no, but being persistent, I hung in there walked when she walked, ran when she ran, we talked and she finished. It was no act of my strength, no carrying, not a whole lot of laughter, just the knowledge that sometimes it isn't about the time, it's about how you cross...

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment