Sunday, November 21, 2010

Darn You Miley Cyrus

I didn't even get through my whole running list - so that's good - I won't have to add a whole lot more songs - maybe mix them up better or something. I love running in Philadelphia - the weather is so amazing - it's almost the end of November and it is the equivalent to local September day for me. The miles went by easier than they did last year or so I thought - in the end I am pretty sure I didn't beat my Victoria time - I had some knee strain, serious back pain (note to self getting adjusted the day before you sit for 12 hours and then try and run 24 hours after that - is a REALLY stupid and painful idea). I seemed to have finished with only a blister on the bottom of the toe next to the baby toe on my left foot.

I have lots I want to say about Philadelphia but right now my brain is a little slow. Yay for calorie burns that turn you senseless. The point I wanted to get at is I had Miley Cyrus' The Climb is on my playlist. At Mile 10-11 it came on and I just about broke down crying there - yes it's the hormones and the stress but at that time it was the great message - it isn't about the win or lose it is about the journey - that itself makes you who you are each time you cross the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Way to rock the Philly Half! I'll be rooting for you come Houston time.

    ReplyDelete